- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Pittsburgh, PA
- DATE JANUARY 13, 2023
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Compensation starting at $80,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (7+ yrs exp)
The Pittsburgh CLO is a not-for-profit cultural organization dedicated to the preservation, creation and promotion of the American musical theater art form, the furnishing of arts education and providing outreach and meaningful community service opportunities in Western Pennsylvania and throughout the United States.
Pittsburgh CLO is seeking a dedicated, experienced, performing arts professional to join our production team as General Manager. In addition to overseeing the operations and facilities management for the CLO, you will be responsible for making offers, contracting, and processing payroll/union reports for the Summer Season, AMCC, New Works/Spark, Kara Cabaret Series, and Gene Kelly Awards.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the General Manager supervises the Office Manager, Producing Liaison, and Seasonal Company Manager while collaborating regularly with the Director of Production and Production Manager.
If you have a strong passion for the arts, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
Production and Contracting
- Manage artistic and production personnel offers in consultation with Executive Producer and Producing Liaison. Process contracts for creative and artistic personnel; draft, send, and collect all production contracts and letters of agreement. File fully executed contracts with appropriate unions, and Human Resources Manager as required.
- Create and maintain production payroll sheets, with strict adherence to accuracy and company deadlines; prepare and submit corresponding union benefits reports.
- Serve as a Union Liaison and review union collective bargaining agreements, and assist with labor negotiations (AEA, USA, SDC, IATSE, TWU, and AFM).
- Negotiate tour presentation deals, tour settlements, and venue settlements (Cabaret, Benedum, and Byham).
- Manage licensing agreements for self-produced shows. Prepare royalty and settlement statements for each show.
- Provide General Management for local and out of town New Works projects and festivals.
- Supervise Seasonal Company Manager, support staff, and interns. Oversee housing and travel of artists.
- In partnership with the Director of Production and Production Manager, develop and monitor the Production and New Works Budgets
Operations and Facilities
- Manage relationships with 3rd party IT Services vendor, equipment, phone, and infrastructure providers, and other office related vendors; maintain PCI compliance.
- Assist with negotiating and reviewing of all leases. Serve as primary contact with landlords.
- Supervise the Office Manager; ensure administrative operations are efficient and effective, including management of facilities, equipment, security, and supplies.
- Oversee purchasing policies and procedures and act as an authorized check signer.
- Work with Director of Finance & Administration on the operations and facilities budget.
- Attend Board Meetings including Production, Facilities, and Executive Committees. Participate in the internal Safety Committee, as well as the Cultural District Security Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.