- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE MAY 05, 2023
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $42,000 – $45,000 per year
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (3-6 yrs exp)
Gulfshore Playhouse, one of the nation’s finest regional theatres, located in Naples, FL, is seeking a dynamic, creative, and detail-oriented Graphic Designer. Join us at this exciting time, as we build our new, state-of-the-art theatre, and usher in a new era of professional theatre in Southwest Florida.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre that exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and has brokend ground on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 368-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for the Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to participate in everything from production to special events to coordinating daily business affairs.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for projects that support initiatives not only in Marketing but also in Development and Education and Community Engagement departments. Work includes print and digital collateral as well as some key art development.
- Maintain overall conformity of theatre’s identity, following brand standards.
- Work collaboratively with the other designers to design and guide visual identity of projects.
- Create and design elements for publications, printed materials, digital materials, promotional collateral, and websites as assigned.
- Design collateral, print, advertising, brochures, mailers, merchandise, and social/web marketing; lobby displays; monitors, and exhibit displays.
- Support other departments to service their design needs as assigned
- Photo manipulation and photo composite.
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, and agency of record to maintain quality and consistency of all materials across all departments
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, energized and quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize efficiently and multi-task.
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exhibits a positive attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred
- 2-4 years of design experience with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, printing, binding, prepress, and specialty techniques
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace under pressure.
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
$42,000 – $45,000 per year
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please direct resumes to email@example.com
- How much does it cost to post a job? It's Free! We have removed the paywall to help organizations with hiring during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.