The mission of the Ford Theatres is to contribute to a more vibrant Los Angeles County by supporting artistic expression and innovation and by providing access to exemplary arts and culture experiences representative of our multifaceted communities that deepen human connections and broaden cultural understanding.
- Coordinates day-to-day event marketing duties including writing show descriptions and press releases; writing advertising copy; editing artist biographies; formatting digital images for the web; coordinating marketing assets, event press releases, show programs and more with season artists; and coordinating the distribution of promotional materials
- Maintains and updates the Ford Theatres’ website through customized Drupal-based content management system
- With the Digital Media Coordinator, coordinates content for the Ford’s e-newsletter and Ford Blog, and formats each
- Coordinates with Ford staff on content for an internal monthly memo, and formats and distributes to stakeholders
- Maintains and updates communications templates, documents and databases
- Assists with implementation of targeted grassroots marketing and outreach efforts
- Oversees marketing and communications interns and volunteers including hiring, training, and day-to-day activities
- Coordinates and manages preshow audience engagement activities at Ford Theatres
- Coordinates the collection and cataloguing of digital photographs, video and other printed materials
- Creates basic graphic design elements for use in digital event promotions; formats and edits photographs for use in print, web and social media promotions
- Coordinates and schedules programming of elements for the Ford Theatres’ electronic sign, and occasionally creates designs promoting Ford Theatres events
- Coordinates logistics for promotional activities including video shoots, special events, workshops and rehearsals
- Liaises with front of house and box office staff to provide necessary materials and lists to accommodate press attendance at events and rehearsals
- Attends select Ford Theatres events, as needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/SKILLS/MAJOR: Desirable qualifications include a background in marketing, journalism, communications, and/or public relations; interest in the performing and visual arts; advanced writing skills; fluency in digital technology including social media platforms, website content management software, email marketing software, and photo editing software; ability to use Windows-based computer and familiarity with Microsoft Office software; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; fluency in oral and written Spanish is a plus.
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with coursework in public or business administration, arts administration, theatre production, or a related field.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES AND ABILITIES: Consistent attention to detail and accuracy; strong project management and multitasking skills; ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, be proactive, and plan ahead; ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people; comfort speaking to a group and engaging with the public in a poised, persuasive and professional manner; and ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Candidate must be reliable, honest and possess enthusiasm for the arts and dedication to the task at hand.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest, resume, writing sample and a list of three references. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with Communications Coordinator as the subject line. Please do not submit any application materials through the U.S. mail or phone regarding the status of the submission. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met.