San Diego Opera
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate with full benefits
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
San Diego Opera is seeking a full time Technical Director with the intention of a late summer/early fall 2018 start date. San Diego Opera’s season consists of three mainstage productions in a 2800 seat theatre as well as two to three non-mainstage productions/concerts in smaller venues ranging from 500-1500 seats.
Technical Director oversees all technical aspects of producing the season including necessary scenery building, stage operations, and supervising stagehand crews and Assistant Lighting Designer. Technical Director is responsible for advising whether potential rental scenery “fits” into theatre and advises on the suitability of possible “new” venues.
Technical Director participates in scenery rental process. This may include supervisory travel.
The successful candidate should exhibit experience with:
- theatre safety,
- hiring and supervising stagehand crews,
- collaborating with creative teams as well as other departments,
- strong skills are required in budgeting and fiscal management,
- automation, as well as
- operations and personnel management.
Opera technical experience is highly desired.
Pay is salaried with benefits including health, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
San Diego Opera is not for profit company with a $9.5M annual budget.
All qualified individuals are invited to apply. Interested parties should send letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".