Administrative Coordinator to Advancement Team
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE MARCH 02, 2023
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $41,000-$45,000
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 3 yrs exp)
Gulfshore Playhouse, one of the nation’s finest regional theatres, located in Naples, FL, is seeking a diligent and detail-oriented Administrative Coordinator within its Advancement Team. Join us at this exciting time, as we build our new, state-of-the-art theatre, and usher in a new era of professional theatre in Southwest Florida.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre that exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and is fully under construction on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 362-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for The Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: Immediately
Provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer and the Advancement Team while ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery through all duties:
- Serve as project manager for all administrative aspects of the advancement team
- Assess administrative tasks and assignments to determine methods of completion, efficiency and effectiveness
- Liaise with the organization’s Executive Assistant and other administrative staff to streamline projects and processes cross departmentally
- Analyze data and prepare reports
- Take minutes at all advancement meetings including advancement team meetings, event meetings, special project meetings
- Create all acknowledgement letters and other direct mail letters
- Assist in the preparation of all materials for Board level Advancement Committee meetings, including agendas and meeting minutes
- Track campaign gifts, stewardship meetings, donor engagement activities and all forms of donor communications
- Utilize a variety of software programs: Spektrix, iWave, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Google Calendars
- Manage the calendars of various Advancement team members as needed – scheduling and confirming meetings with internal and external stakeholders
Assist in the administrative aspects of annual events:
- Annual Gala
- Opening Night Celebrations
- Campaign Events
- Other cultivation and stewardship events
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all events
- Prepare all minutes for event-oriented team meetings
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes of each event
- Reach out to patrons and friends of Gulfshore Playhouse to drive attendance to events (as appropriate and necessary)
The candidate for this position must be innovative, collaborative, organized, and should be an excellent problem-solver.
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Advancement Coordinator will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required, including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
Experience and Salary:
Minimum of three years of administrative experience required, ideally within a nonprofit environment. Salary range of $41,000-$45,000 plus benefits.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our company charter: https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/.
Please direct cover letter and resume to Kimberly Dye, Chief Advancement Office, email@example.com.
- How much does it cost to post a job? It's Free! We have removed the paywall to help organizations with hiring during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.