Exhibition Highlight Tours Educator
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE SEPTEMBER 13, 2018
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Under the supervision of the Director of Education and Education Program Coordinator, Gallery Tours, the Exhibition Highlight Tours (EHT) Educator will prepare and conduct interactive, inquiry-based tours in support of the museum’s permanent collection and temporary exhibitions. Additionally, the Educator is responsible for circulating throughout the galleries to respond to visitors’ questions and provide general information regarding exhibitions. (Minimum availability of two 3-5 hour shifts per week).
- Previous teaching experience and Bachelor's Degree in art history, art education, studio art, or closely-related field. Master Degree or higher preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary art and art practices required.
- Must have strong knowledge of contemporary art, educational theory and methods, comfort with inquiry-based teaching, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Touring shifts are Thursday evenings (4:45pm-8pm) and Saturdays and Sundays (11:45am-3pm). Two shifts per week is desirable. Occasional additional shifts for training, meetings, private groups, and special events.
- Experience teaching adults is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or other language preferred.
- Develop and conduct inquiry-based tours for the general public, with emphasis on adult audiences under the supervision of Education Program Coordinator, Gallery Tours. Circulate throughout museum galleries to engage visitors in conversation, provide information, and answer questions.
- Attend departmental training sessions, including customer service training, exhibition walkthroughs, and regularly-scheduled practice and discussion sessions.
- Conduct research on exhibitions and educational theory and methods.
- On an as-needed basis, participate in the planning and/or implementation of exhibition-based educational programs and artists’ projects.
- Maintain Reading Room by re-shelving books.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".