ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, MAJOR GIFTS
San Diego Repertory Theatre
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE OCTOBER 16, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION The position will receive competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
About The Company: Mission
San Diego Repertory Theatre produces intimate, exotic, provocative theatre. We promote a more inclusive community through vivid works that nourish progressive political and social values and celebrate the multiple voices of our region. San Diego Repertory Theatre feeds the curious soul.
The company was founded in 1976 by Sam Woodhouse and D.W. Jacobs. Since moving to the Lyceum in 1986, we have produced 47 main stage productions by Latino playwrights and hosted artistic residencies by Luis Valdez, Max Roach, Amiri Baraka, Culture Clash, and many more. We have also produced 22 works by or about African Americans. To date we have produced 48 world premieres.
In addition to a 1998 Tony Award® Nomination for It Ain’t Nothin’ But the Blues, we have received over 200 awards for artistic excellence from the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle, Patté Theatre Awards, NAACP, Backstage West, Dramalogue, and StageSceneLA. In 2005, the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle presented the REP with the Craig Noel Award “For 30 Years of Artistic Dedication to Downtown and Diversity.”
Our mission is informed by a commitment to artistic virtuosity, partnerships with singular artists and our inquisitive neighbors, and lively conversations about our role as citizens in the bi-national region we call home. We choose provocative works of theatre to inspire our audiences and artists to build the communication bridges needed to understand who we are today, and who we might become.
We produce an eclectic mix of world premieres, brilliant contemporary plays and re-imagined classics. To enhance the theatre experience and encourage dialogue around each REP production, over 65 Engagement Events are offered free of charge throughout the season—a diverse assortment of pre- and post-performance salons, mini concerts, and forums with area scholars and artists.
San Diego Repertory Theatre provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to San Diego Repertory Theatre’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
The Associate Director of Development, Major Gifts (ADoD) reports to the Director of Development. The ADoD is part of a team responsible for initiating, developing, and stewarding relationships with individual donors and prospects to achieve annual operating goals.
The ADoD will strategically organize and cultivate a growing portfolio of major gifts donors and prospects and will directly solicit donation and help close gifts as appropriate. The ADoD will manage all aspects of donor relations, including planning, overseeing, and attending patron events.
- Manage a portfolio of $1,000+ donors, including donors with the capacity to meet annual development goals by providing quality Moves Management and stewardship.
- Responsible for designing and managing sponsorship program to include cash and in-kind sponsorships and benefit fulfillment.
- With the assistance of the Development Associate, coordinate all aspects of Donor Events, including; Opening Nights and Inner Circle Special Events.
- Serve as the Staff liaison to the Board of Directors Engagement Committee
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and develop procedures as necessary for the entire Development Department.
- Assist Director of Development in creating and implementing the Annual Development Plan.
- Utilize Tessitura as primary tool for portfolio management.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget and meeting fundraising objectives.
- Exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Manage assigned projects, coordinating the work of peers and setting deadlines.
- Persuasively convey the mission of San Diego REP to diverse groups who are important to the organization’s overall prosperity.
- Knowledge of a CRM system essential, Tessitura a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of development and donor information management systems.
- Interest in online and various research techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively multi-task, shift priorities, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional customer service standards
- High ethical standards
- Interest in theatre arts required
The position will receive competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
This position is a full time salaried position and is eligible for benefits, which include paid vacation as accrued, health insurance and an opportunity to purchase group dental and vision insurance.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements: email@example.com and tell us why you are the ideal candidate for this specific job. Form letters or resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
San Diego Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".