Administrative Intern This position is filled
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE JULY 27, 2022
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION $250/week plus housing
- POSITION LEVEL Intern/Fellowship
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and experienced individual to serve as Administrative Intern.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and has broken ground on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 350-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for the Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the Administrative Intern will have the opportunity to participate in it.
Status: Seasonal Internship – Administrative
Internship Dates: August 29, 2022 – May 28, 2023
Assisting Patron Services Manager, Assistant Patron Services Manager and Front of House Manager with all administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Answering ticketing phone calls at the administrative office
- Selling tickets working with the Spektrix ticketing system
- Providing patron-centered customer service to patrons visiting the administrative office and at the Norris Center
- Assisting with mailings and phone call to patrons
- Assisting with theater reset prior to first preview
- Assisting with assignments pertaining to opening night preparations
- Assisting in the organization and scheduling of ushers and other volunteers
- Assisting managing concession inventory
- Taking minutes for Patron Services meetings
- Serving as liaison to Production, Development and Marketing departments as necessary
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Administrative Intern will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, weekly show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a team
- Skills with current software such as Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Google Docs
- The capability to interface with team members, patrons, donors, and board members alike
- Proficiency with technology and ticketing software
- Familiarity with Theatre and/or Performing Arts preferred
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
Stipend and Accommodations: Furnished housing with a private bedroom and shared living space, internet and cable is included. There is a washer and dryer in the apartment. The apartment complex has a pool and fitness center on site.
Weekly stipend: $250/week
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.