Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- CATEGORY Box Office/Ticketing
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE JULY 22, 2022
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION 17.65 per hour
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 3 yrs exp)
Position: Ticketing Assistant
Status: Full-time (40 hours a week, weekends required), Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay: $17.65 per hour
Benefits: Yes (Medical/Vision, Dental, Life, 403(b), Vacation, Holidays)
Reports to: Ticketing Manager
Vaccine Status: As of November 1, 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption would apply. Must provide proof of vaccine status upon employment.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply online: https://bpcp.org/apply-for-ticketing-assistant/
HOW THIS ROLE IMPACTS THE CULTURAL PARTNERSHIP:
The Ticketing Assistant will support the Ticketing Manager and Ticketing Coordinator with the day-to-day operations of the Balboa Park Explorer Pass. Using your customer service and data input skills you will provide an excellent guest experience to all Explorers and partners in Balboa Park. As part of a small team, you will work closely with the Ticketing Manager to achieve project and sales goals. Since the Balboa Park Explorer Pass office is open 7 days a week, the Ticketing Assistant plays an important role as a Saturday Explorer Ticketing Representative and provides holiday coverage, as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Process and package daily ticket sales for customers. As part of daily tasks: process, package, and mail online, phone, and form orders of the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, Limited, and Parkwide Passes. Occasionally this will consist of wholesale orders for Park venues and group orders for guests. Follow cash, credit card, and check handling procedures and protocols including reconciliation of daily sales (batches).
Accurately input data and maintain a clean and consistent database. Be thoughtful and considerate when: spelling names and addresses, responding to customers via email and LiveChat, merging and updating appropriate accounts, and printing and packaging orders.
Provide a welcoming guest experience for all who visit and work in Balboa Park.Assist customers and partners over the phone, email, via LiveChat, and in-person (occasionally). Provide accurate information about the Explorer Pass including pricing, offerings, and rules and restrictions. Build friendly and professional relationships with partner venues. Learn about everything the Park has to offer to share with locals and visitors.
Support the Ticketing Manager with project tasks, as needed. After appropriate training, provide assistance including ticket system maintenance and updates, technology maintenance and updates, pulling reports as requested, checking supplies, and following up with vendors via email or over the phone.
Support the Community Engagement Program, as needed. After appropriate training, provide assistance with data entry for Community Access Pass (CAP) and Military Appreciation Pass (MAP).
WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
You have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Providing positive guest experiences and interactions.
- Attention to detail and care when inputting data and packaging orders.
- Comfort and experience working independently without direct supervision.
- Cash, credit card, and check handling and reconciliation.
You have these critical attributes and skills:
- Align with and practice organizational values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in your work and in interactions with others.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable with learning new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Take initiative, ask questions, and are accountable.
You work effectively in collaborative, team-driven environments:
- As an ambassador for the “One Park – One Team” philosophy, a positive attitude is a must.
- Building friendly, professional relationships and utilizing online communication tools such as Slack and Trello to effectively communicate with the team.
- Be a team player - work as part of a small team, in an open office environment, and easily adapt to change.
TO APPLY, PLEASE COMPILE A PDF WITH THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) TO SUBMIT THROUGH OUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
Please be ready to answer 3 short questions:
- Share how you demonstrate values of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in your work and in interactions with others. (2-3 sentences)
- Briefly describe your customer service experience. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
- Provide an example of your experience working unsupervised. If you do not have experience in this area put N/A. (2-3 sentences)
Apply through our website: https://bpcp.org/apply-for-ticketing-assistant/