PART-TIME TICKETING REPRESENTATIVE
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE MAY 12, 2017
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION Hourly
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a part-time (hourly) Ticketing Representative. The Ticketing Representative’s primary responsibilities include selling and processing orders for the Balboa Park Explorer program.
The position requires accurate data entry and the prompt printing, processing, and mailing of passes. Applicant must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. A high level of customer service – both written and verbal – must be maintained and provided at all times with guests and Balboa Park organizations. Experience with Tessitura ticketing software a plus, but not required.
The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2003 to facilitate collaboration among the many arts, science, and cultural institutions located in San Diego’s historic Balboa Park. Balboa Park Explorer, a department of BPCP, is responsible for the One-Day, Multi-Day, and Annual Explorer products in Balboa Park. The Explorer department works directly with the 17 participating museums in addition to the general public. The Annual Explorer is going into its fourth year with continued success and growth. Along with our various passes, Explorer produces Maker Faire San Diego and The Vine Affair, with more exciting events to come!
The Ticketing Representative will report directly to the Ticketing & Sales Supervisor. Duties include:
- Process online and phone orders of the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, One-Day, and Multi-Day passes
- Complete data entry of Explorer orders using Tessitura software
- Answer calls from museums on Explorer hotline
- Respond to questions on Explorer email
- Solve customer service issues
- Renewal courtesy calls
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1 year in a customer service or box office environment, or related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A self-starter who can work independently
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and have great customer service skills
- Computer experience, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Position type: Part-Time (hourly) position, Sunday through Tuesday, 8:30am – 5pm, additional days as needed, 24-32 hours per week. Rate: $12 per hour. Perks include discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants, shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “BPCP Ticketing: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Open until filled.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".