Director of Development
The Young Americans
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION Corona , CA
- DATE NOVEMBER 30, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience plus benefits
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
The Young Americans is searching for an experienced candidate to serve as its Director of Development, charged with an exciting opportunity to lead, grow and provide strategy for a new period in the organization’s growth. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development will identify, cultivate and sustain a donor base to substantially increase contributed revenue.
The candidate will build relationships with alumni, individuals, board of directors, corporations and private foundations that align with the mission and programs of The Young Americans, Inc. to increase its annual fund giving and major gifts.
- Develop an annual fund campaign and program to increase contributed revenues to support the mission and to underwrite various programs.
- Work closely with, and act as chief liaison to CEO and board of directors.
- Responsible for donor prospecting and research.
- Develop fundraising strategies, formulate solicitation procedures and oversee all fundraising activities. Identify new donor bases, direct and coordinate solicitation of funds. Act as liaison with funding partners and organizations.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis and establish effective communications strategies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on development plan activities to ensure fundraising goals are achieved.
- Design a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Manage platform and database for stewardship tracking, data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the development department.
- Engage volunteer committees to assist with events and development plans.
- Staff board development committee meetings.
The Young Americans – Mission & History
The Young Americans®, founded in 1962, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of understanding and goodwill among people throughout the world.
The Young Americans uses the power of music, dance, performance, academics and cultural interaction to foster its mission. In the early decades of The Young Americans, highly-visible performances were the norm on a near weekly basis. The organization was truly a “celebrity” entity, appearing with well-known artists such as Johnny Mathis, Julie Andrews, Vic Damone, George Burns, Henry Mancini and Dean Martin. The Young Americans appeared on Bing Crosby TV Specials, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson and The Ed Sullivan Show.
In 1992, the organization made a shift from performance-based tours to arts education and outreach tours. A decade later, The Young Americans expanded its program reach with international outreach tours. In 2018, The Young Americans became accredited as a 2-year college – The Young Americans College of the Performing Arts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5-8 years of professional development experience.
- Creative thinker, analytical and problem solver who is passionate about education and the arts.
- Must be confident, personable and a positive individual.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have a drive for data-proven results.
- The successful candidate must have strong presentation skills.
- Must be extremely organized, able to set priorities, and able to focus on the details while not losing sight of the big picture.
Please submit letter of inquiry, resume and references to: email@example.com
The Young Americans, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Young Americans, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Young Americans, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Young Americans, Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".