Social Media Specialist
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
- CATEGORY PR/Marketing
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE MARCH 10, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Support the LA Phil brand and drive sales and engagement through strategy and execution of the LA Phil’s social media channels.
- Develop and evolve current social media strategy and act as day-to-day community manager across LAPhil channels including Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
- Identify and engage with known and new audiences by creating innovative storytelling campaigns via current and emerging platforms.
- Lead the development of seasonal social media plans and campaigns to engage and grow our audience while increasing positive brand sentiment and awareness.
- Oversee all social platforms and social engagement software. Stay on top of social media trends, changes in the landscape, and best practices to recommend strategies to maximize social media exposure.
- Create, curate, manage and execute social content calendar, which include initiatives by various departments events and special content. Departments include Artistic, Presentations, Development, Education, etc.
- Coordinate with archival, editorial and creative services to secure assets (images, video and copy). Develop original video content from start to finish - obtain permissions for film shoots, etc.
- Attend events and post supporting social media content in real time. Events may be offsite and include rehearsals, community concerts, photo/video shoots, community initiatives and collaborations.
- Manage a budget for paid social campaigns. Work closely with advertising and promotions teams to ensure cross-functional alignment on targeted campaigns.
- Set critical metrics and track progress using qualitative and quantitative data and regularly report results.
- Write copy that reflects our brand strategy and strikes the appropriate tone for each social channel and target audience.
- Regularly monitor and promptly respond to social community. Work closely with Audience Service department to address patron questions and or customer facing concerns shared on social media.
- Work with our analytics team on monitoring our social engagement through listening and tracking tools
- Work with our digital strategy team to create relationships with leadership at social media platforms and to manage and maintain any systems used for managing social or social metrics
- Connect brand with key audiences including influencers, peers and fans. Identify and create relationships with social influencers as well as other community managers across the classical music, City of Los Angeles and live entertainment communities.
- Innovative and creative thinker with strong writing and storytelling skills
- Strategic, organized and solution-oriented thinker with a deep understanding of analytics to drive strategy and track results
- Deep knowledge of current and upcoming social media platforms and proven experience building and managing content calendars, large-scale communities and partner relationships
- Understanding of how social media fits within the marketing and communications mix as well as knowledge of other marketing disciplines
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism, PR, or Communications preferred. 4+ years’ experience as a content marketer or related role required
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications and active listening skills
- Excellent judgment, particularly under pressure
- Culture consumer with a passion for music – classical music knowledge, preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube along with apps that assist on content editing such as Font Candy, Ripl, Camera+, Whitagram etc.
- Experience utilizing Community Management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social and listening tools such as Novi, Bottle Nose or Radian 6
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".