Senior Grants Writer
Old Globe Theatre
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE JULY 27, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Full-time position with benefits including 401(k).
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
The Old Globe in San Diego’s beautiful Balboa Park seeks an experienced Senior Grants Writer for this renowned regional theatre. With a budget of $29 million, the Tony Award-winning Old Globe is a recognized leader among American regional theatres. Known for producing a broad range of work from Shakespeare and the classical repertoire to world premiere musicals and plays, the Globe annually produces 15 productions on its three stages, plus a “Globe for All” touring program that performs in community venues throughout San Diego County.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, the Senior Grants Writer is responsible for managing all aspects of grant proposals to foundation and government funders, including research, cultivation, proposal development; and writing, reporting, and stewardship.
The Senior Grants Writer oversees other grants personnel and interns. We seek a motivated, positive, and mature individual with a minimum of three years’ experience in a complex development department, preferably in an arts and culture organization. Interest in and passion for theatre is a must.
The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, write clearly, concisely, and compellingly, as well as understand the power of visual communication. The successful candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of budget development and program planning, and will manage projects from conception to completion.
Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as CRM software. Experience with Tessitura a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business use. Must be able to pass a background check. Full-time position with benefits including 401(k).
The Old Globe is committed to fostering a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of our operation, therefore we strongly encourage applications from populations underrepresented in the theatre field. Multilingual candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply. Send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to HR@TheOldGlobe.org.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".