Youth Teaching Artist
Museum of Photographic Arts
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE MAY 12, 2017
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION $15-$18 per hour, based on experience
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
This position reports to the Youth Programs Manager and is part of the Department of Visual Learning.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing curriculum and activities for educational programs.
- Instruct and assist with MOPA education programs and activities including, but not
- limited to, school outreach, workshops, camps, group tours, and family day activities
- as needed.
- Assist with the administration of MOPA education programs as assigned.
- Create programmatic lessons and activities for future use.
- Communicate through in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails with the Youth
- Programs Manager regarding program status and statistics.
- Communicate, coordinate and attend meetings with school teachers and staff for
- planning, classes, and other program needs.
- Transport and maintain necessary photography equipment for off-site classes.
- Communicate needs for program supplies to school teachers and Museum staff.
- Provide photographic documentation of programs.
- Represent MOPA in a professional manner at conferences, internal and external
- meetings, and public events
- Additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a B.A. in Photography, Studio Art, Art Education, Art History, and/or a related field.
Experience and Characteristics:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience with K-12 school students, including
- integrating arts into standards-based curricula;
- Familiarity with inquiry-based teaching techniques;
- Knowledge and experience with school standards, including familiarity with Visual
- and Performing Arts standards, familiarity with the National Core Arts Standards, and
- experience with the application of the Common Core Standards;
- Knowledge and experience with photographic arts preferred but not required;
- Must be able to work with a variety of age groups and be comfortable engaging with
- a wide range of knowledge, experience, and abilities;
- Must enjoy working with diverse audiences and be a solid public speaker who can
- manage groups;
- Computer skills, knowledge, and experience with Google Drive, Google Docs, and
- digital photographic editing tools;
- Must have a vehicle and the ability to travel to program sites throughout San Diego
- Flexible schedule;
- Extremely reliable and dependable;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Daily access to internet and communication via email is required;
- Bilingual a plus.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: Youth Programs Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org Please no telephone calls. No Recruiters. Please note salary. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".