Arts Engagement Operations Coordinator
Old Globe Theatre
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE JULY 27, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The Old Globe seeks an Arts Engagement Operations Coordinator for a full-time position with benefits. Position provides logistical and administrative support for all Arts Engagement (AE) programs and select Humanities programs.
Responsibilities include event coordination (including arranging catering, making travel arrangements, selecting and coordinating with vendors, creating event sheets and diagrams, managing guest invitations and communications, calendaring and reserving spaces, collaborating with other departments, and supporting on-site,) managing docents, coordinating Behind the Scenes Tours, managing AE finances (including tracking expenses; reconciling credit cards, budgets, and invoices; and processing reimbursements,) acting as the AE liaison internally and externally, managing office supplies and inventory, managing AE programs and constituents on Tessitura, and providing Admin support for all AE programs.
The ideal candidate will be highly resourceful and organized, work well in a busy office environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing are required, have rigorous attention to detail, have experience in event planning, and be able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
Bilingual English/Spanish speaking is a plus.
The Old Globe has a strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Previous ED&I training, experience, ability, and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status is preferred but not required.
Minimum of three years of experience working in an office management/administration capacity is required; must be able to work occasional nights and weekends; must be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word); experience with Google Forms and/or Tessitura ticketing system a plus; must have excellent communication and time management skills; must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for occasional business use; must be able to pass applicable background check.
Send cover letter and resume to HR@TheOldGlobe.org.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".