Manager, Social Media Content Creation and Promotions
The Music Center
- CATEGORY Media/Social Media
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE MARCH 26, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience; exempt position
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The Music Center is hiring a manager, social media content creation and promotions, to join its Marketing and Communications Department.
Reporting to the director of ticketing, sales and marketing strategy, the manager, social media strategy and promotions, plans and coordinates all social media content for The Music Center’s social channels, blog and other platforms in support of marketing goals for both The Music Center’s institutional brand and its programs as curated/presented by its arts division, The Music Center Arts (TMC Arts).
He or she also develops and coordinates all promotional initiatives as part of overall marketing plans created by the Marketing and Communications team.
Responsibilities of this position include sourcing and creative development of messaging, photography, videos, promotions and other content to support The Music Center’s social media channels, as well as the creation of the organization’s promotional campaigns.
This position is responsible for building The Music Center’s social and online media presence, engaging consistently in digital channels to ensure continuity and engagement for The Music Center’s online voice and presence, generating inbound traffic and encouraging adoption of Music Center messaging.
The role includes analyzing the results of all social media and promotional campaigns to ensure their efficacy. That includes include identifying, building and leveraging relationships with outside businesses and organizations to support ticket sales and build brand awareness for The Music Center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to ensure effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the culture of The Music Center.
- Act as the voice of The Music Center on all its social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram/Instagram Stories, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Generate and manage all content including still images, videos, etc. published to these channels and respond to all inquiries, comments and tags in a timely manner.
- Devise social media marketing campaigns for programs/events that promote each individually, as well as tie into The Music Center’s broader marketing strategy.
- Regularly attend Music Center events to gather and post compelling content for social media outlets.
- Ensure that social media tools are up-to-date.
- Work closely with the marketing team to help identify promotional campaigns, including identifying targeted promotional partners whose brand compatibility, reach, customer base and media platforms support the goals of The Music Center (generate awareness, traffic, ticket sales, branding, etc.); provide analytics for promotional campaigns.
- Continually research the latest content creation and social media tools/tactics.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Regularly provide feedback and insights gained from social media monitoring to the marketing and programming teams, to help them evolve their strategies in an effective manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on communications, media, advertising, business, marketing, graphic design, photography and/or video production or related field preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the use of digital/social media and new media technologies including the development of content required; work with arts organizations, museums or other comparable cultural institution highly desirable.
- Experience leveraging knowledge of best practices to create original, creative content for social platforms.
- Demonstrable experience using social media management and analytics tools with platforms such as CoSchedule, Hootsuite and Buffer.
- Comfortable writing, editing and crafting SEO-optimized content for social media and promotional blog articles.
- Ability to function as a one-person video production team for live and edited videos; must have extensive experience with video editing (Final Cut or Adobe Premiere), audio production, cinematography, script writing and conducting interviews.
- Experience with real-time social coverage, including facilitating on-site event photography using DSLR and iPhone cameras.
- Experience with creating social media graphics using graphic design software (PhotoShop, Illustrator and/or Canva)
- Experience developing creative promotions, creating giveaways, working with sponsors and/or facilitating grass roots marketing efforts.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain effective relationships.
- Team player with the confidence to guide staff members in other departments when necessary.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include overtime, evening, weekends and holidays as required.
ABOUT THE MUSIC CENTER
The Music Center convenes artists, communities and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural lives of every resident in Los Angeles County. The non-profit performing arts organization has two divisions: The Music Center Ops, which manages The Music Center’s four theaters, an outdoor plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles; and The Music Center Arts, which curates a world-class dance series, Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center; produces and presents programming in other arts genres with a focus on engagement; and presents nationally recognized arts education programs. The Music Center is also home to four renowned resident companies – Center Theatre Group, the LA Master Chorale, the LA Opera and the LA Philharmonic. With The Music Center On Location,™ the non-profit performing arts organization brings events and activities to locations outside of its Downtown Los Angeles campus.
Commensurate with experience; exempt position.
HOW TO APPLY
To be fully considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectation along with three writing samples to: Jobs@musiccenter.org or fax (213) 972-8029. Please note incomplete submissions will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".