Special Events Assistant
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- CATEGORY Special Events
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE AUGUST 11, 2017
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION $12-$15/hr
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a part-time temporary Special Events Assistant. A successful candidate will have experience with event planning, enjoys operational logistics, and exceptional organizational skills.
The Special Events Assistant will assist with Maker Faire San Diego, scheduled for October 7-8, 2017. As part of a team, help maintain operational planning & logistics for event.
The Special Events Assistant will report directly to the Director, Events & Public Programs.
- Assist in event operations and logistics
- Assist in the recruitment and coordination of event volunteers
- Maintain event invoices and payments
- Accurately manage expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements
- Work closely with event marketing to print banners, signage, and collateral material for event
- Respond to event inquiries (by phone, email, and letter)
- Maintain communications to events participants, supporters, and suppliers
- Assist with the lead-in events such as promotional days, launch events and training days, including recruiting volunteers, and site set up
- Coordinate the supply of event merchandise
- Compile feedback from event participants and analyze responses
- Assist in all pre-event preparation and on the day provide support as required by the event director
- Additional job duties as required by the organization.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2+ years experience in special events or related field
- Very strong verbal and analytical skills
- Creative and innovative with strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Team player — works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities
- MS Office proficiency
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- B.A. in marketing, business, or related field
- Experience as an event planner
- Event Management Certificate
Position type: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays, weekends, and evenings as needed. Must be available to work the week prior and the weekend of Maker Faire San Diego. Hourly rate is $12-$15/hr depending on experience. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants, shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter & resume – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com. This job opportunity is open until filled. Please put “BPCP Special Event Assistant: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".