School of the Arts Manager
Athenaeum Music & Arts Library
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION La Jolla, CA
- DATE APRIL 04, 2019
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION Upon request
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
20 hours a week, salary, plus selected benefits.
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, a historic, unique, non-profit cultural institution in La Jolla, seeks a School of the Arts Manager by mid-April.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the non-accredited School of the Arts at two studio locations, in La Jolla and at the Athenaeum Art Center in Logan Heights. Both schools have been in operation for 30 and 20 years respectively, have a great faculty and a loyal following. Responsibilities include:
-Faculty development, hiring of new faculty, contracts and compensations.
-Curriculum, scheduling classes, workshops and summer programs.
-Overseeing classroom maintenance, purchasing new equipment as necessary
-Production of quarterly school brochure
-Interaction with and registration of students
-Organizing and installing of annual student art school
-Working with Executive Director on annual budget
Degree in art, art history or art education preferred but not mandatory. Several years of museum or art education experience preferred. Occasional evening or week-end working hours.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Erika Torri, Joan & Irwin Jacobs Executive Director, 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA 92037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".