Lux Art Institute
- CATEGORY Director
- LOCATION Encinitas, CA
- DATE APRIL 27, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Executive (CEO/ED/AD/Pres.)
Lux Art Institute is a multifaceted contemporary art organization with an internationally renowned artist residency, exciting schedule of top-quality exhibitions, in-depth educational programming for children and adults, as well as an innovative public arts outreach program.
The Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director to join our dedicated staff of eleven, committed board, and enthusiastic community in beautiful Encinitas, California.
- Be a visionary leader for the organization, working with the board of directors, staff, and community to build consensus on Lux’s strategic plan.
- Provide the institutional point-of-view and responsibility for maintaining excellence in curatorial and artistic endeavors by serving as the “eyes” of LUX.
- Embody a collaborative and solutions-based work culture, facilitating mentorship and professional development opportunities with the goal of empowering employees and creating opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Create top quality residency and exhibition programs and related events that engage the community.
- Serve as an accessible and engaging public face of Lux for public speaking and media events, seeking to tell Lux’s story both locally and internationally.
- Be the key strategist and provide vision and goal setting for the development team’s individual and foundation fundraising campaigns and grant writing pipeline.
- Supervise Lux’s education team and programs including classes, summer camps, and offsite outreach programs to ensure high quality, positive engagement, and profitability.
- Lead the marketing and events team in producing successful and high quality fundraising and educational events appealing to Lux’s broad public constituency.
- Leadership experience in a museum or non-profit setting
- Expert knowledge of, and ability to communicate engaginly about, contemporary art
- Fluency in operational finance
- An M.A. or Ph.D. in Art History or related field
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Sophisticated and engaging interpersonal skills
- Passion for contemporary art
To apply, please submit a CV, reference list, and cover letter describing your fit with this position description to Lux Art Institute Board of Directors at email@example.com .
Application deadline: June 1, 2018.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".