Festival Line Producer
National Alliance for Musical Theatre
- CATEGORY Production
- LOCATION New York, NY
- DATE MAY 30, 2019
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION $1500
- POSITION LEVEL Consultant/Freelance
The Line Producer for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre is a part-time position that will report to the Festival Producing Director and General Manager for the 31st Annual Festival of New Musicals, scheduled for October 24 and 25, 2019. Contract will commence on July 15 and end on November 1, 2019 (or whenever duties below have been completed and approved by management). This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits and will be paid as an independent contractor. National Alliance for Musical Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Each Line Producer will be assigned a set of 4 shows that will all share the same stage at New World Stages to line produce.
Pre-production Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Festival Producing Director and GM team to ensure a great pre-production, rehearsal and presentation process.
- Act as liaison between creative teams on four assigned shows and the Festival Producing Director on administrative and producing needs, including (but not limited to) casting, information collection, ticketing requests and staffing.
- Act as liaison between creative teams and General Management.
- Attend key dates, including, but not limited to: Official Festival production meetings at New World Stages, sound check dates (likely Monday, October 21), performance dates (October 24 and 25) and load out (Monday, October 28).
- Working with Festival Producing Director, prompt show consultants and creative teams to complete tasks assigned to each show in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collect all applicable Actors’ Equity Association paperwork from Stage Managers to give to Production Supervisor, including photography release forms and signature pages.
- Promptly collect and keep up-to-date all contact sheets.
- Be on-site at rehearsal for at least 3 hours a day when rehearsals are in session (approximately October 10-23), in collaboration with the other Line Producer and the Production Supervisor. Rehearsals will most likely start on October 14 and will be during the day, mostly during the week.
- Festival Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist General Manager with load-in and load-out of festival equipment.
- Serve as the venue coordinator for four productions/events in assigned venue.
- Serve as on-site contact for creative teams at Festival to confirm that entire teams are on site, as well as ready to perform in consultation with the Production Supervisor.
- Serve as on-site contact between the Festival and outside staff, artists and venue.
- Manage stage changeovers between presentations with ushering talent off/onstage and setting up/breaking down of equipment.
- During the Festival, the Line Producer will report to the General Manager and the Festival Producing Director.
- Attend a post-festival meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills:
- Knowledge of AEA stage reading guidelines and policies
- Experience balancing multiple schedules for concurrent events
- Maturity and professionalism to represent NAMT to well-known artists
- Flexible schedule October 10-29, 2019
- Working well under pressure
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs and walk up to 100 ft unassisted, as needed
- Excellent personnel skills to represent NAMT to vendors
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and pitch in when needed
- July-August: 5 hours per week
- September –October 6: 10 hours per week
- October 7-13: 20 hours per week
- October 14-20: 40 hours per week
- October 21-25: Full days
The position is part-time and temporary. The position will be paid $1500 flat fee and will not receive social security and unemployment insurance benefits. No health benefits or paid time-off are included. Payment will be issued $500.00 upon signing the contract, $500.00 on September 6 and $500.00 upon completion of the Festival and post-mortem documentation. Payments will be paid by invoice from the contracted employee containing mailing address and social security number.
Please email a PDF of your resume with a brief cover letter in the body of the email to email@example.com with the subject line “Line Producer [your last name]”.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".