Visitor Services Associate
Marciano Art Foundation
- CATEGORY Facilities/Operations
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE NOVEMBER 26, 2018
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
We are seeking associates to facilitate the experience of all visitors to MAF.
The Visitor Services Associates will create a friendly environment while also overseeing ticketing, gallery experience and the safety and security of both artworks and visitors.
This is a part-time position; Visitor Services Associates can be scheduled to work up to 20 hours per week depending on their availability and will be scheduled for at least one weekend day.
Candidates must be available to work weekends, holidays and special events as necessary. MAF will be open Thursday–Friday 11am–5pm, Saturday, 10am–6pm and Sunday 11am–5pm.
Please note that MAF closes for installation several times annually.
- Welcome visitors to MAF
- Verify tickets, check-in visitors and groups and help orient visitors within MAF
- Answer visitor questions about the collection, current exhibitions, the historic building and the location of artworks within MAF
- When needed, enforce rules that ensure the safety of visitors and also of the artworks on display
- Attend all required training, including developing an in-depth expertise on the MAF art collection
- Friendly, sociable and energetic
- Interested in contemporary art
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable speaking to individuals and large groups (adults and children)
- Previous experience in a client-facing capacity and/or a cultural organization preferred
- Basic computer skills; comfortable using an iPad or Tablet
Must be comfortable standing the majority of their shift (with reasonable exceptions made for those with disabilities.) Portions of shifts occur outdoors greeting guests.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".