- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE APRIL 14, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
Inner-City Arts (www.inner-cityarts.org) is a multi-disciplinary arts campus located in downtown Los Angeles, serving more than 8,000 children, youth, teachers and families during the school day, after school and on weekends. We believe the arts are the cornerstone of a high-quality education that levels the learning field across socioeconomic boundaries. Inner-City Arts is a dynamic non-profit organization with a $4+ million annual operating budget.
This is an ideal career growth opportunity to join an innovative and highly motivated team that is invested in the creative development of young people and committed to building a culture of philanthropy within the Inner-City Arts community. As a member of the development team, the Development Manager is responsible for raising $400,000+ annually to support organizational sustainability and growth through new donor acquisition, cultivation and engagement, and individual stewardship in support of our mission. Additionally, the Development Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a new membership program with a goal to increase donor cultivation and retention. The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development and works closely with program and professional development staff and the Inner-City Arts community.
- Raise $350,000+ annually in individual giving based-revenue primarily through donor acquisition and retention, and innovative digital/print fundraising campaigns
- Raise $50,000+ annually in corporate-based revenue primarily through corporate volunteer/member acquisition and retention
- Engage more than 500+ donors annually
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospective donors (giving $250 - $5,000) to cultivate, solicit, and steward
- Assist and manage the development of the Annual Fund including direct mail, e-campaigns, membership opportunities, donor acquisition, donor retention and stewardship
- Develop and execute turnkey moves management strategies for existing donors
- Work with the Associate Director of Communications to manage Annual Fund messaging, direct mail appeals, and solicitation timeline, with outreach to all Inner-City Arts constituencies (e.g., current/lapsed donors, volunteers, staff, parents, etc.) two - four times per year
- Steward and manage peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns focusing heavily on year-end by engaging staff, volunteers, Board of Directors and the Young Professional Advisory Board; develop and sustain new strategies to increase participation, retention, fundraising and leadership
- Lead strategy and serve as the main point of contact for recruitment events including Food for Thought, general tours, lunches, breakfasts, and 4+ annual fundraisers
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to pinpoint, solicit, and manage corporate donations and memberships including in-person presentations/meet-and-greets to prospective companies
- Provide timely gift reports and analysis to build momentum and maximize year-round giving
- Conduct on-going personalized phone contact with Annual Fund donors/prospects
- Assist the Director of Development in soliciting sponsorship of and planning for events including the Inner-City Arts Imagine Awards annual gala
- Oversee Donor Source as a development tool and provide training to development staff; prepare donor profiles in support of development and leadership
- Create and lead strategy around member/donor onboarding and execute member welcome activities when new supporters join
- Serve as primary contact and liaison for all inquiries, feedback and ideas; communicate with supporters about engagement opportunities, events, and organizational successes
- Ensure donor satisfaction/retention through email, telephone, face-to-face meetings, thank you notes and other stewardship activities
- Manage and keep accurate records of member information in our database including, but not limited to, contact updates, events attended, conversations, and customer service inquiries
- Support the CEO on annual gift solicitations as needed
- Other duties and tasks as requested by the Director of Development and CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- High energy professional who takes initiative and has a passion for fundraising and Inner-City Arts’ mission and vision
- 3-5 years of professional experience in individual giving, donor coordination, development and fundraising
- Demonstrated success in fundraising; gift closer
- Knowledge of individual giving and membership program design in the non-profit landscape
- Professional, resourceful; ability to take initiative and assist with multiple projects effectively; works with a sense of urgency and proactively looks for new opportunities and donors
- Strong organizational and coordination skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Innovative thinker, with a track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Ability to help construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
- Adept at use of social networks for fundraising, e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, crowd sourcing, etc.
- Comfortable representing the organization on campus tours and offsite events
- Strong computer skills, especially MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerpoint, Outlook; proficient in fundraising software/ informational databases; knowledge of Donor Perfect
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with leadership and senior management, staff and Inner-City Arts’ Board of Directors
how to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject: Development Manager | No calls please.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".