Social Media Manager
- CATEGORY Media/Social Media
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE JANUARY 05, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
CicLAvia, Inc. is a non-profit organization that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other. CicLAvia makes the streets safe for people to walk, skate, play and ride a bike.
CicLAvia is seeking to hire a Social Media Manager to develop our organization’s relationship with its dynamic, diverse, and enthusiastic community. The position will play a critical role in meeting CicLAvia’s digital engagement, community growth, and fundraising goals. The Social Media Manager is expected to enhance CicLAvia’s significant digital reach by growing our fans’ support for and connection to the organization.
Reporting to the Development Director and working closely with the Production and Community Engagement teams, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for:
- creating content for our website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- designing and implementing digital fundraising, engagement, and outreach campaigns to enhance our events and organizational goals
- consistent website updates including ensuring website content is up-to-date and accurate
- building and engaging with our email list
In order to succeed, the Social Media Manager must be a dynamic, creative, and engaging content creator comfortable working across multiple platforms simultaneously to expand CicLAvia’s transformative impact on our region.
A successful candidate will have extensive experience with social media/website content creation and distribution along with strong brand management skills. CicLAvia’s website is currently on the NationBuilder platform and experience on NationBuilder is a plus.
A successful candidate will be a superior communicator, self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task in order to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have expertise in cross-platform content, influencer marketing, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy across multiple platforms in collaboration with the CicLAvia staff and consultants to increase audience engagement, overall visibility, and fan growth.
- Manage social media advertising and search marketing (via Google Grant)
- Develop and execute a proactive social media campaign for each CicLAvia event with a goal of increasing participation, enhancing CicLAvia’s social media reach and engagement; develop creative, on-brand social media strategies to uplift CicLAvia sponsors and partners.
- Create and deploy website content.
- Help staff create compelling presentations when needed.
- Collaborate with CicLAvia staff and partners to identify and share stories that demonstrate the impact of CicLAvia.
- Coordinate, edit, brand, and distribute content from photographers and videographers; and manage a comprehensive and easily searchable photo library (currently in Flickr).
- Participate in, document, and share events and activities that help advance CicLAvia’s mission and elevate visibility for CicLAvia, including fundraising and outreach efforts.
- Assist with additional projects and initiatives as needed.
- At least 2 years working experience in social media, digital marketing, or other related field.
- Excellent content creation and digital communication skills to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of web-based CMS and CRM systems, NationBuilder experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects under deadlines.
- Experience as a digital fundraiser a plus.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/ English) a plus.
This is a full time exempt position with medical insurance available after a 60-day period.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com and list “Social Media Manager” in the subject line of the email.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".