Development Grants Specialist
USC Pacific Asia Museum
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION Pasadena, CA
- DATE SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Great benefits, no salary information
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The Pacific Asia Museum, at the University of Southern California, is currently seeking a Development Grants Specialist to join its team.
The Development Grants Specialist reports to the Development Officer and is responsible for researching grant/funding opportunities and writing grant proposals to secure financial support from corporations and foundations for university museum priorities, as well as proposals for major donors. Responsible for preparing grant and stewardship reports to corporate and foundation donors and maintaining the grants tracking process. This position will have goals based on the number and quality of proposals for both national and local companies/foundations/donors. The Development Grants Specialist will work closely with museum staff to develop fundable opportunities for capital campaigns, exhibitions, collections, K-12 programs, public programs, and general operations.. In addition, development related projects as directed by the Museum Director and Development Officer.
- Research, identify, engage and cultivate prospect corporate, foundation and government funding sources, as per university procedures.
- Monitor foundation websites (i.e., RSS feeds, electronic newsletters, emails, journal articles) and philanthropy press for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or new foundation initiatives.
- Use Development Research databases and alumni, parent and friend relationships with foundations and networks of influence that lead to foundation ties and door openers.
- Write grant proposals and reports to foundations, corporations and government entities as well as proposals for major donors.
- Develop and steward relationships with our current and prospective funders to meet mutually beneficial needs and priorities.
- Provide effective coordination of activities for prospective and current funders including museum visits and strategic attendance.
- Works closely with the Director and Development Officer to strategize and conduct appropriate moves management for prospects and donors which would include determining the specific purpose and amount of grant proposals/applications and specific cultivation, solicitation and stewardship action steps.
- Maintain an effective program of stewardship of corporate and foundations partners.
- Works with USC Contracts and Grants, USC Finance, USC Sponsored Projects Accounting on grants management and tracking as well as with different departments within USC Advancement including planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, research management, gift services, etc.
- Support development office in execution of annual fund and other fundraising related activities, as needed.
- Collaborate with Advancement office colleagues to strategically integrate communications activities into cultivation progress with identified corporate and foundation prospects.
- Works with Development Officer on the museum’s membership program, as needed.
- Assist in all special event logistics for all donor-related activities.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on events, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree OR Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- 2 years of administrative office experience including research and customer service.
- Three years’ experience as a grant writer or with philanthropic activities and a proven track record in successful grant research and writing. Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and calmly under deadline are necessary qualities.
- Prior experience working in a university setting, a plus
- Firm working knowledge of Salesforce and The Raiser’s Edge databases.
For more information and/or to apply, please click on the link below:
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".