Dance School Director
Arts Dance Center
- CATEGORY Director
- LOCATION Shreveport, LA
- DATE APRIL 02, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Based on experience.
- POSITION LEVEL Executive (CEO/ED/AD/Pres.)
Our dance enterprise is currently looking for an experienced School Director.
This is a full-time, salaried position directing our growing dance studio in Shreveport, LA.
You will work closely with the owner and Artistic Director to continue to grow and develop the school within the Arts Dance Project vision of creating an excellent dance training center in Shreveport and a creative dance hub for national artists.
Arts Dance Center is part of the larger Arts Dance Project Inc. enterprise with locations in California and Louisiana. We are a growing company with a clear vision to provide high quality dance training in a supportive environment that prepares students for a successful career both inside and outside of the dance world. We help our students realize their full potential and push past barriers both physically and mentally so their true talents can shine.
Our teachers bring their student’s creative expression to light not only through dance but through choreography and improvisation training along with professional level performances. Students grow up feeling confident to pursue their passions in whatever area they choose.
We fulfill our vision through passion, artistry and creativity; we’re backed by decades of combined experience from the founders and teachers that make up our organization and we are looking for exceptional talent to join our warm and welcoming team.
- Manage all aspects of the studio day to day operations
- Provide excellent ballet training to dance students
- Continue to grow and develop the dance program
- Welcome and provide effective answers to questions regarding dance programs for new students
- Coordinate teacher, class and performance schedules
- Provide training and mentoring of teachers and office staff inside of a creative and collaborative studio environment
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in Dance Performance and Dance Pedagogy
- Teaching all levels and ages of ballet, including advance pointe, classical ballet variations
- Be a capable, solid, quick choreographer, that develops nice, solid choreography to the dancer’s level and abilities within a reasonable time-frame.
- Program, class and staff management experience
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize projects
- Have a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of online point of sale systems (MindBody and/or Jackrabbit preferred)
- Knowledge of office software: (MS Office, Slack, MailChimp, Asana and Zendesk preferred)
- Classic Jazz and/or Modern, Tap experience a big plus
- Program and curriculum development experience a big plus
- Marketing and social media experience a big plus
At all Arts Dance Project studios, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We feel strongly that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All are welcome here.
Compensation based on experience.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".