Event Production Associate
Community Arts Resources LA (CARSLA)
- CATEGORY Production
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE APRIL 11, 2019
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Community Arts Resources (CARS) seeks an experienced Event Production Associate to assist the senior staff in the execution of all aspects of event planning, production, and outreach for multiple community and cultural events in the Los Angeles area. This is an independent contractor position from May - November; full job description linked here.
Experience in public speaking and community outreach is required. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many different hats at once and will be extremely detail oriented with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
TO APPLY - Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Event Production Associate" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.
Duties will include:
- Assist and manage all community, vendor, client and internal outreach and communication (written and verbal).
- Assist in the development and organization of all aspects of event logistics, including agendas, schedules, timelines, task lists, and event programs.
- Assist with the oversight of community art workshops.
- Assist with all event packing, unloading and re-loading, and the creation and organization of all event materials.
- Assist in the writing and editing of copy for programs and web content.
- Organize and lead community meetings with project stakeholders, community groups, businesses.
- Travel to Santa Monica on a regular basis and be available on weekends, when necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in event production
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficiency with Mac computers a plus
- Ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to speak in large and small public settings
- Planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available during non-traditional office hours, including weekends
- Experience with community outreach and engagement is a plus
- Experience with content creation for social media marketing is a plus
- Access to a reliable automobile; regular travel to Santa Monica is required
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Valid driver's license
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".