School Programs Coordinator
Music Center of Los Angeles County
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE OCTOBER 06, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION commensurate with experience; this a full time hourly position
- POSITION LEVEL Consultant/Freelance
The Music Center of Los Angeles County seeks a dynamic School Programs Coordinator to join the Education team.
The Music Center’s Education department serves students and educators throughout Los Angeles County with arts education programs and experiences in dance, music, theatre and visual arts. During the 2016-17 school year The Music Center’s Education department served over 135,000 students.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Education, the School Programs Coordinator will support the Education team in the implementation of school and district arts education programs in Los Angeles County. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently on assigned partnerships in coordination with Music Center staff and local education stakeholders.
In addition, the position will maintain regular contact with schools and artists to ensure successful implementation of arts education programs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- An undergraduate AA degree.
- A minimum of two years of administrative experience in the arts, education, outreach and/or at a non-profit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of staff and outside representatives in the education and artistic community
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and forming solid relationships
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workload including effectively planning, prioritizing, and organizing; follow-through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects and reports
- Able to focus on team strategies and goals; attention to detail, strong initiative and self-direction; solutions oriented;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and databases helpful
- A commitment to excellence in arts education with ability to effectively represent the organization and its mission
To be fully considered for this position please email your cover letter and resume along with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (213) 972-8029.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".