Deputy Director of Development
Center Theatre Group
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE OCTOBER 06, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Annual compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
Center Theatre Group seeks a strategic, hands-on development professional to serve as Deputy Director of Development. One of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country, Center Theatre Group has entertained millions of audience members in its 50 year history and has produced some of the most important shows of our time. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists. For more information, please visit www.centertheatregroup.org.
In this newly created position reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Deputy Director of Development will manage and guide fundraising strategy for all frontline-facing staff. Requiring management experience and the ability to facilitate a healthy team-environment, the Deputy Director of Development will supervise and inspire employees toward excellence, and lead by example in exemplary major gift fundraising. In addition to maintaining his or her own portfolio of major gift prospects, the Deputy Director of Development will supervise a staff of approximately 13 FTEs and 9 part-time telephone fundraisers.
Leading candidates will have a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, including demonstrated success in personally soliciting major gifts of $100,000 or more. Experience working on a campaign as part of a team that has secured principal gifts in partnership with institutional leadership is preferred.
A substantial knowledge of best practices in fundraising, especially in major gifts and prospect management is essential. Performing arts experience is desirable although candidates with equivalent experience in other settings and a passion for theatre are encouraged to apply.
Center Theatre Group has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the Deputy Director of Development search.
To apply, please submit application, including resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website using the link for more information below.
Deadline December 1, 2017
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".