Assistant Professor tenure track position in Art History/Visual Studies
San Diego State University - College of Art and Design
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE FEBRUARY 14, 2020
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION salary is commensurate with experience
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN: San Diego State University (SDSU)
The School of Art and Design at San Diego State University seeks candidates for an assistant professor tenure track position in Art History/Visual Studies. The successful candidate will teach modern and contemporary art history (for example, global studies, contemporary issues in art and design, critical theory and practice of visual media, social or collective art practice, the role of art and exhibitions in the contemporary world) and work with faculty to develop new courses that foster interdisciplinary, concept-driven, multimedia, and/or participatory competencies for undergraduate studio and art history majors as well as for graduate students in the MFA program.
Applicants must be well versed in global cultural studies and be committed to interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning. The successful candidate will share administrative responsibilities in the School of Art and Design and should manifest strong qualities of professionalism and collegiality.
A PhD in Art History and/or Visual Studies is required. Strong verbal and written communication is necessary. A minimum of two years’ teaching experience is preferred. Candidate will show potential for continuous, ongoing, productive professional growth through published and/or other types of peer-reviewable research.
We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all and we seek applicants with demonstrated experience in and/or a commitment to teaching and working effectively with groups that have been documented as underrepresented in Art and Design and higher education.
- Applicants should apply via Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/73971
- Review of applications will begin March 3, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
- A Ph.D. should be in-hand at the start of the appointment.
Email inquiries Mark Siprut, Associate Professor <email@example.com>
Chair, Art History/Visual Studies Search Committee,
Subject line: Art History/Visual Studies Search
SDSU is a Title IX, equal opportunity employer.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".