New Museum Los Gatos
- CATEGORY Exhibition
- LOCATION Los Gatos, CA
- DATE MAY 12, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Based on Experience
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
NUMU seeks an exhibitions-focused Registrar to join a small, dynamic team to manage the transportation, installation, and protection of works of art and historic artifacts. A successful candidate will be very organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented. The Registrar reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Curators and Exhibition Designer.
Inquiries please email Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Core duties include:
- Registration and legal paperwork including loan forms and deeds of gift
- Managing fine arts insurance for the Collection and all items on loan
- Risk assessment and mitigation for artifacts in storage and on display
- Cleaning and monitoring of objects on display
- Shipping, transportation, and packing of fine art and historical artifacts
- Disaster planning and response for museum collections
- Basic gallery preparation skills including framing, hanging and painting
- Detailed record-keeping of budgets, schedules and inventories
- 1-2 years of experience working with art and artifactsBasic object handling and cleaning skills
- Familiarity with power tools, hardware and exhibition construction
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Filemaker Pro preferred
- Museum back-ground preferred
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".