Cultural Research/Planning Intern
Metris Arts Consulting
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Easton, PA
- DATE FEBRUARY 23, 2018
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION $15/hour
- POSITION LEVEL Intern/Fellowship
We seek a part-time graduate intern for summer 2018. The intern will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the firm’s current research and planning projects, while providing core staff with research support commensurate with the intern’s skills, abilities, and interests. Metris staff may also be available to act as informal advisors for work that the intern is pursuing independently in related content areas.
- Masters or PhD candidate in urban planning, public health, sociology, arts administration, public policy, anthropology, or related discipline
- Demonstrated interest in the intersection of arts and community development
- Ability to readily learn new techniques and problem solve
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Expertise with one or more of the following research techniques:
- Key informant interviews/focus groups
- Survey methods
- Analyzing secondary data sources (Census, County Business Patterns, etc.)
- Statistical analysis, including multivariate regressions
- Program evaluation
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. (i.e. U.S. citizen status or pre-existing work Visa)
This part-time opportunity will be for 20 hours per week, June – August 2018. We offer a flexible schedule.We anticipate that the bulk of the work will be completed locally, in our casual (and dog-friendly) work environment in the Karl Stirner Arts Building in downtown Easton, PA.
Compensation: $15/hr. Benefits include paid holiday time credit.
To apply, please complete an application for employment and send cover letter, resume/CV, and 3 phone references to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Open until filled
Job Announcement Document(s)
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".