Senior Cultural Planner
Metris Arts Consulting
- CATEGORY Planning: Arts, Culture, Strategic
- LOCATION Easton, PA
- DATE FEBRUARY 23, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
We seek to forge a lasting relationship with an individual who will lead and grow Metris’ portfolio of arts and cultural planning work for cities, towns, and regions. S/he would be interested in teaming up to combine networks and mutually expand capacity. We are open to remote and flexible/part-time scenarios. Employee benefits include stock awards.
- Lead development of cultural planning proposals and conceptualization of approach to planning processes
- Lead support staff in cultural planning methods, such as:
- Cultural asset mapping
- Stakeholder interviews, focus groups, and community meetings
- Survey design and analysis
- Analysis and synthesis of creative economy data (WESTAF CVSuite, Emsi, Data Arts, etc.)
- Additional methods, as appropriate to expertise
- Write cultural plans and supporting deliverables, as lead author and in collaboration with other staff
- Execute/support project management needs (managing timelines and budgets and coordination of staff, sub-contractor, and client contributions/relationships)
- Raise profile of Metris-related work by delivering presentations and writing articles/blog posts for magazines, websites, and academic journals, as opportunities arise
- Expand Metris’ network of clients and collaborators and actively collaborate on other business development activities
- National travel anticipated
- Established and significant track record of producing respected and impactful arts and cultural plans
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (i.e. urban planning, public policy, landscape architecture, arts management, organizational leadership)
- Subject area expertise and command of methods and skills that diversify those of Metris’ existing core staff, such as:
- Advanced facilitation/community engagement techniques (Art of Hosting, arts-based engagement techniques, etc.)
- Innovative approaches to cultural asset mapping
- Public art planning
- Demonstrated ability to secure competitive proposals
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. (i.e. U.S. citizen status or pre-existing work Visa)
To apply, please complete an application for employment and send cover letter, resume/CV, and 3 phone references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Announcement Document(s)
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".