- CATEGORY Facilities/Operations
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE OCTOBER 24, 2023
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $70,000-$75,000 / year
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (3-6 yrs exp)
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS FACILITIES MANAGER
Gulfshore Playhouse, a mission-driven, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and highly skilled individual to serve as Facilities Manager in the new Gulfshore Playhouse Baker Theatre and Education Center.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $72M capital campaign and is almost complete on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 368-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible studio theatre, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. In 2022, Gulfshore Playhouse became nationally recognized as the 77th member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT). This is an extraordinarily exciting time for the Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the Facilities Manager will have the opportunity to develop a department in a collaborative and creative community.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Anticipated Start Date: January 2024
Reporting directly to the COO/ Managing Director, the Facilities Manager will provide day-to-day operational support, handle contract negotiations, enforce local, state, and federal regulations, maintain inventory of all maintenance and facility needs, and ensure the preparedness of all facilities for the transition to the Baker Theatre & Education Center’s opening in October 2024. The Facilities Manager must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven and community oriented.
The ideal individual will have a strong drive to provide high-quality work, the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Facilities Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals, including weekend and evening hours. Attendance at Opening Nights, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours will be required.
- Oversee the maintenance of Gulfshore Playhouse’s facilities
- Collaborate with the senior management team to create policies and procedures
- Facilitate the maintenance schedule
- Evaluate all facilities and make proposals and recommendations for improvement
- Manage facility equipment, making small repairs as necessary
- Work closely alongside the IT Manager to ensure that building security is effective
- Handle all ordering of maintenance and operational supplies for the facility
- Maintain Gulfshore Playhouse’s allotted budget for the facilities
- Develop and revise the facility’s safety and operational manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Events Manager, IT manager, and other staff to guarantee successful and organized performance and facility experiences for patrons and artists
- Be the point of contact for maintenance staff, insurance companies, and various partners utilizing and serving the facility
- Oversee pest control management and waste management
- Conduct regular inspections and analyze operational procedures and offerings, problem-solving as necessary and reporting to senior management
- Maintain safety standards including filing accident reports, overseeing and stocking first aid equipment, and leading people through an emergency
- Ensure facility is maintaining accessibility, providing alternative solutions as necessary
- Enforce the standards of local, state, and federal regulations
- Provide feedback, and make recommendations to senior management team regarding operational and developmental issues
- Negotiate contracts and terms with partners, contractors, and service providers
- 3+ years of facility management experience preferred
- Experience working in arts, entertainment, or commercial buildings a plus
- Knowledge of local building codes, OSHA, and NFPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Windows Computers
Our Charter: https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
Salary range: $70,000-$75,000
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan and paid vacation and sick leave.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references attached as one pdf with Facilities Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org