Community Education Manager
Red Mountain Theatre
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION Birmingham, AL
- DATE MARCH 12, 2021
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $28,000-$34,000
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Come grow with us! Red Mountain Theatre is moving to a new, leading edge Arts Campus and looking to grow our team!
Are you a:
- Creative innovator with passion for how the arts can transform the lives of young people and the community?
- Dynamic self-starter who wants to make connections and build lasting relationships?
- Strategic thinker who is also meticulous with details and is excited about getting programs up and running?
As a Tony Award winning Broadway Producer and more than 40-year-old regional theatre, RMT is seeking an energetic, versatile individual for the position of Community Education Manager to support our mission of creating powerful theatre experiences that enrich, educate, and engage audiences – nourishing the human spirit, fostering valuable life skills, and cultivating a deeper sense of community.
The Community Education Manager is responsible for representing the organization and its services both to artists and the community at large.
The Community Education Manager strategically identifies and cultivates revenue-producing and non-revenue producing opportunities in order to enrich RMT’s engagement with the community.
- 5 years teaching and/or administration of programs for young people (or comparable experience)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales skills
- Proactive self-starter with strategic tenacity
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and vendors proactively and professionally
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Education Manager Position” in the subject line and include the following materials: resume, sample curriculum plan with at least 3 lessons, and creative pitch letter to a Birmingham-based community organization or school about RMT education programming using information from the web and public information sources.
No phone calls please.