San Diego Civic Youth Ballet
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE NOVEMBER 30, 2018
- JOB TYPE Part Time
- COMPENSATION commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
San Diego Civic Youth Ballet seeks a part-time Development Assistant to provide administrative support for the development efforts of the organization. This includes community relations and engagement with internal and external constituents and special events and projects to support fundraising goals.
- Applicants should have a strong ability to multi-task, excellent oral and written communication skills and a passion for arts education
- Part-time, non-exempt
- 25 hours a week (some remote)
- Compensation is commensurate with experience (position to begin in Jan 2019)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Community Relations & Engagement
- Maintain donor database on a regular basis including, but not limited to; inputting donor communication updates, updating contact information, importing and exporting lists, reports, etc.
- Assist with all donor related correspondence, including acknowledgement letters for all gifts
- Process and track donations to other non-profit organizations
- Assist in procuring and maintaining relationships with individual supporters, community partners and corporate sponsorships both internal and external to the organization
- Build and maintain alumni and volunteer engagement. Including planning and implementation of a communications plan, volunteer structure, and special events.
Special Events & Projects
- Work with the President & CEO to develop an annual plan of work based on specific income goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, programs and initiatives.
- Plan and implement new and existing special events and projects throughout the year that reflect the interest of SDCYB’s constituencies including, but not limited to; patrons, donors, parents/students, alumni and volunteers.
- Serve as staff point person for all special events and provide administrative support.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and coordination during events and projects
- Coordinate SDCYB Guild and Alumni correspondence and events.
- Work with marketing staff for production of collateral materials and promotion related to fundraising events programs and activities.
- College graduate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years in non-profit fundraising and special events, preferably within an arts and/or youth-related organization.
- Applicable skills in planning, and volunteer development and supervision.
- Self-motivated, results oriented professional with strong organizational skills
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Grant writing experience a plus.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database management competencies).
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to HR@sdcyb.org
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".