Performing Arts Workshop
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Francisco, CA
- DATE AUGUST 24, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $17 - $19.71 an hour
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
About Performing Arts Workshop
Performing Arts Workshop is a nonprofit organization established in 1965 with a mission to help young people develop critical thinking, creative expression, and essential learning skills through the arts. The Workshop brings arts instruction to more than 4,500 students ages 3-18 each year. Our artists conduct 11-60-session residencies in world dance, music, spoken word, poetry, theater arts, and media arts.
We believe that access to sustained, sequential instruction in an art form should be part of every young person’s education and development. Because of glaring economic and race-based disparities in such access, we advance equity by prioritizing partnerships which allow us to work with historically underrepresented groups including low-income communities and communities of color.
Performing Arts Workshop aspires to be a leading organization in arts education. We cannot achieve this without realizing our core values of both inclusion and excellence. This requires sustained focus on equity in all our efforts to recruit, hire, promote, and retain an exceptionally well-qualified staff.
Previous administrative assistants have grown into other positions at the Workshop, with areas of focus in program and development.
The Administrative Assistant has duties primarily in office support, technology support, program and marketing support, and supporting the Student Showcase. They are the first point of contact for the Workshop, work collaboratively across the organization, and provide staff support.
General office support:
Serve as primary office greeter for visitors and phone calls; manage office calendar and special projects calendars; handle and direct incoming and outgoing mail; process bills for office expenses (phone, internet, rent, etc.); manage office supply inventory and ordering; manage outside vendors and contracts, e.g. tech support, utilities (phone, internet), copy machine, project specific experts (as needed); maintain office equipment; maintain office space tidiness; general office management needs as assigned
- Outreach to and supervise volunteer workers
- Coordinate performance program with program staff
- Oversee solicitation of corporate support (in dollars, goods, and volunteers) in partnership with the Development Associate
- Draft and execute all event communications
- Problem-solve logistical issues
- Develop event marketing collateral
- Supporting all event contracts, including photography, space rental, etc.
Marketing and communications support:
Responsible for the production of the e-newsletter, blog posts, website updates, social media strategy and implementation, maintenance of a marketing editorial calendar, and newsletter production and mailing
General staff support:
Manage the Workshop staff meeting calendar and order meeting food; maintain staff contact lists; support office staff as needed with photocopying, collating, mailing, scheduling, note taking, and correspondence
Assist the executive director in coordinating and planning board meetings and events; order food and refreshments for board meetings and retreats; take minutes and notes at board meetings; maintain board contact, committee, and email lists
Salesforce & technology support:
Act as an administrator for the Workshop’s Salesforce, Mailchimp, Google Apps and general info email account; manage the tech support vendor; troubleshoot tech issues for staff when necessary; monitor the Workshop’s Survey Monkey account for internal use
Coordinate special projects as designated by the executive director and / or other senior staff
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Personal connection to an equity- and social justice-based mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including sense of humor and calm under pressure
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in decision-making and problem-solving
- Knowledge of computer applications, including Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Apps
- Commitment to work in a fast-paced nonprofit environment that also values work/life balance
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple people to achieve tasks
- Experience addressing the technological and physical needs of an office or other environment
- Knowledge/experience with web-based software; preference for Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) applications
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress, LinkedIn) and best practices
- Interest in professional development and growth
- Knowledge of and interest in the Bay Area arts education community
- Languages spoken: Spanish, Cantonese, Filipino/Tagalog
This is a full-time, hourly position at 40 hours per week.
Salary range is $17–19.71 per hour dependent on experience, and includes medical and dental benefits.
The nature of the position requires on-site presence for the work week.
Performing Arts Workshop
1661 Tennessee St, #3-O, San Francisco, CA 94107
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit a resume and a one-page cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Cover letter may include information on what qualifies you for this position; what interests you about the position; and what connects you to the Workshop’s mission and to social justice work.
Only full application will be reviewed.
Candidates advancing through the interview process may be asked for references. The Workshop will make accommodation for reference in multiple languages and reference from hearing and visually-impaired individuals.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".