Mobile Unit Programs Manager
- CATEGORY Production
- LOCATION New York, NY
- DATE SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Send salary expectations
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
The Public Theater is seeking an outgoing and organized individual to join the Mobile Unit Team! The Mobile Unit Programs Manager will serve as the primary contact for all Mobile Unit National community partners, events, as well as oversee the design and execution of holistic community engagement.
This role will work closely with the Director of Mobile Unit to plan and line produce a community tour, participate in all Mobile Unit programming, including but not limited to twice yearly Mobile Unit tours (local and National), Public Theater performances, Joe’s Pub collaborations, ongoing artist commissions and developmental work, and departmental administrative tasks.
This role is full-time and is available from September 30th-April 1st, with a possibility for extension.
Strong experience in community organizing andproducing theater.
Successful candidates must have experience building meaningful collaborative relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds; practice interpersonal awareness, empathy, and have the capacity to stay calmin a fast-paced work environment.
Must have the ability to develop, sponsor, and support the introduction of new and improved methods, procedures or technologies.
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities, budgets and a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to anticipate problems before they occur.
- Rigorous attention to detail, able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
- They must have the ability to galvanize a team around a common goal.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of artistic producing experience.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, and database usage.
- This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Some evenings and weekends, and ability to travel required.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- This position reports to the Director of Mobile Unit.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please use the link for more details below to see a full job description and application information.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".