Associate Education Specialist, Teen Programs
The J. Paul Getty Museum
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE AUGUST 11, 2017
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The J. Paul Getty Museum's department of Education seeks an Associate Education Specialist to coordinate its teen programs. As part of the School Communities team, and under moderate supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and assessing teen educational projects that incorporate the museum's permanent collection and changing exhibition program. She/he will collaborate on cross-functional teams in order to achieve educational programming goals to foster engaging experiences with art and across multiple subject areas. Plans, direct schedules, and monitors, tracks and reports on project budget. Successful candidates will have a track record demonstrating their passion for working with teen and underserved audiences.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Proposes educational program concepts in alignment with Education goals
- Assists in planning resources, curricula, budgets, promotional materials, and production/project schedules
- Provides technical support and basic subject matter expertise throughout project development, implementation, and assessment stages
- Monitors daily operations and provides direction to project staff and external vendors according to established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Negotiates, contracts and liaises with external experts and artists
- May teach with the collection and serve as a resource for teaching staff
- Manages material inventories and classroom spaces
- Serves on collaborative project teams to advise and develop current and future Education Department initiatives
- Provides leadership to project staff and/or work group members
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of project/process management and subject area experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and editorial skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of current museum and art education practices, and curriculum development
- May require knowledge of visual arts practice, local artists and creative resources
- Ability to think creatively and use new technologies to expand outreach and program impact
- Ability to succeed within a collaborative work environment
- Ability to accurately prioritize concurrent projects
- An understanding of technical needs related to area of expertise, such as audio, lighting, film and video and variety of software to support department's work
- Able to juggle shifting priorities
- Knowledge of marketing and social media practices
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience planning and managing a budget
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Fluency in a European language, other than English
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".