Visual Arts Program Manager
California Institute of the Arts
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION Valencia, CA
- DATE APRIL 21, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The Community Arts Partnership (CAP) Program of the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks a Visual Arts Program Manager to oversee the administration of in-school and out-of-school arts education programs for youth. Reporting to the Managing Director of CAP, this position supervises instructors, manages syllabi and lesson plan development, and coordinates programmatic and operational logistics. A master's degree in education/arts education and three to five years of professional experience in coordinating arts programs for youth in the visual arts are required.
- Master’s degree
- Three to five years at minimum of professional experience in coordinating arts education programs for youth in the visual arts, including arts integration programs and professional development training for public school teachers. Experience at an institution of higher education highly preferred.
- Three years of experience supervising personnel.
- Three years of experience in implementing program evaluations and student assessments, including data collection strategies, survey implementation, data analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in student development and leadership theory in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice in education.
- Knowledge of current research associated with arts education and K-12 curricula, key policies in K-12 education (NCLB, ESEA, Common Core, etc.) and the California State Visual and Performing Arts standards
- Spanish and/or Korean language proficiency (written and spoken) a plus.
For a position description and to apply, please click here.
CalArts has a multidisciplinary approach to its studies of the arts through six schools: Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music and Theater. CalArts encourages students to explore and recognize the complexity of the many aspects of the arts. It is supported by a distinguished faculty of practicing artists and provides its Bachelor and Master of Fine Arts students with the hands-on training and exposure necessary for an artist's growth. CalArts was founded in 1961 and opened in 1969 as the first institution of higher learning in the United States specifically for students interested in the pursuit in all areas of visual and performing arts.
About the CalArts Community Arts Partnership
The award-winning CalArts Community Arts Partnership, a co-curricular program of CalArts, offers free, after-school and in-school classes for youth, ages 6-18, in every discipline taught at the Institute. Programs are offered at public schools, community centers and social service agencies throughout Los Angeles County. Through classes led by a teaching corps of accomplished CalArts faculty, alumni and student instructors, CAP participants learn to create original works of art and to experiment with prevailing conventions of artistic expression. CAP's success has served as model for other arts education organizations locally and nationally, and the program has received numerous honors, including The President's Committee on Arts and Humanities' National Youth Program Award, which recognizes exemplary programs that foster the creative and intellectual development of America's children.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".