Development Coordinator/CIRCLE and Gallery Collective Liaison
The San Diego Museum of Art
- CATEGORY Development
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE AUGUST 11, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Job Summary: Be a vital part of our Development team in providing lead administrative support for the Museum’s upper level membership programs (The Gallery Collective and CIRCLE), Corporate and Individual Giving initiatives. Provide administrative support for the Development department including written correspondence, fundraising appeals, prospect research, formatting proposal documents, phone calls and other administrative duties. Solicitation activities include phone, e-mail, museum tours, and personal visit solicitations. Some evening and weekend hours required (3-4 times per month).
Gallery Collective and CIRCLE Program Duties
Under the guidance of the Manager, CIRCLE and Gallery Donor Programs, provide administrative support and coordinate development activities related to The Gallery Collective and CIRCLE membership programs, including:
· Support revenue growth through assistance with prospect research, written correspondence, prospect letters and proposals for upper level membership, corporate and individual giving initiatives as assigned.
· Coordinate monthly membership renewal process, acknowledgement letters and packets to ensure effective renewal cycle and maintain donor involvement.
· Coordinate department’s member events and related programs including: Culture & Cocktails, behind-the-scenes experiences on and off site, Tea & Tours, CIRCLE exhibition openings, Insider’s Views, and more.
· Support overall communication strategies for Gallery Collective and CIRCLE donors including: quarterly calendar of events, monthly correspondence, event reminders, Gallery Collective’s Facebook page, Museum’s website, social media presence, and more as relevant.
· Assist with travel program coordinating and implementation, including: scheduling, research, itinerary, member communications, travel packets and more. Track reservations and payments for regional and national travel as relevant.
· Work closely with Manager, Special Events and Corporate Relations, Corporate Giving Coordinator, and Manager of Circle and Gallery Donor Programs to foster synergy between corporate and individual membership groups, including: Corporate Partners in Art, CIRCLE, and The Gallery Collective.
· Track revenue projections and expenses of membership, events and travel programs.
· Support general administrative duties of the Development Department as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with two to four years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge: Knowledge of the philanthropic community. Interest in the visual arts and/or museum experience preferred.
Abilities: Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment handling multiple projects simultaneously. Good judgment and decision-making abilities a must. Diplomacy and discretion required as well as a respect for and understanding of complex donor and Trustee relationships.
Skills: The candidate must have excellent organizational skills. The position requires solid writing skills with a keen attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Computer proficiency on Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and development database (Altru preferred).
Other: Some evening and weekend hours required (4-6 times a month). A valid California Driver’s License, insurance and be willing to use it on the job preferred. Occasional evening or weekend events assistance required.
· Some carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds
· 75% time spent sitting at the computer
· Some traveling by car/some long distance traveling may be required
· Daily walking required interior of facility
Work Environment: office space is shared
Posted until filled
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator” in the subject line or submit to The San Diego Museum of Art, Attention: Director, Human Resources, P.O. Box 122107, San Diego, CA 92112.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".