Youth Programs Manager
The Contemporary Jewish Museum
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION San Francisco, CA
- DATE MAY 12, 2017
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION Based on Experience
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
The Contemporary Jewish Museum (The CJM) seeks an experienced and engaging Youth Programs Manager who is drawn to the exciting work of building and implementing innovative teen programming in a Museum context. This position manages teen programs at The CJM such as the Teen Art Connect (TAC) Internship, and Access 18 Membership Program, and works collaboratively with teens, museum colleagues, and community partners to create vibrant experiences and unique learning opportunities for teens of diverse backgrounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train, and manage teens during the year-long paid Teen Art Connect (TAC) internship program. Serve as the primary supervisor and mentor for TAC participants; maintain communication and coordination with TAC families and schools. Collaborate interdepartmentally to implement TAC apprenticeship program.
- Design, plan and produce compelling public events with TACs to increase and diversify The Museum’s teen audience. Plan and implement training sessions for TACs and other teens in topics such as intercultural exchange, career development, leadership, art, and museum education.
- Collaborate with curatorial department to present youth art in The Museum.
- Build new external partnerships and initiatives that expand youth co-creation, participation, and community connections. Develop and maintain relationships with visiting teen groups. Lead teen tour activities.
- Prototype and develop formats for youth engagement.
- Manage The CJM’s teen Facebook page, teen blog site, Instagram profile, and additional web-based initiatives. Collaborate with The CJM’s marketing professionals to create and oversee outreach and recruitment efforts including print, e-news, website, blog, and social media platforms.
- Cultivate and supervise The CJM’s Teen Volunteer Program, Museum Teen Council, and Access 18 Teen Free Membership Program.
- Manage activities within program budget.
- Conduct qualitative/quantitative evaluation of programs.
- Represent The CJM at professional network meetings and in the community.
- BA or MA Degree in art, art history, education, social work, arts administration, or related field
- Five or more years experience working in a direct service capacity with teens from diverse backgrounds
- Broad administrative experience in a non-profit setting
- Increasing job responsibilities as a manager with experience designing and developing programs
- Experience working in a museum, including familiarity with museum education methods desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of youth development and mentorship models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Strong skills in hiring, training and mentoring staff
- Ability to manage complex group dynamics with good judgment and in a caring and supportive manner
- Passion for the mission of The CJM
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Jewish culture, history, or traditions desirable
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
- Ability to remain standing for up to four hours
- Ability to climb, bend and stoop
- Excellent manual dexterity, visual and hearing acuity
- Ability to lift 15 lbs
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to:
Please indicate "Youth Programs Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".