- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE OCTOBER 06, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION DOE, negotiable, exempt
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
California Ballet Association (DBA California Ballet Company) seeks a qualified Executive Director with development experience to join its mission of presenting high quality professional ballet performances and education programs to the public community of California.
The Executive Director (E.D.) will be a collaborative and experienced leader, responsible for all aspects of CBC’s business operations, strategic planning, financial administration, development efforts, and education and community outreach. The E.D. will be CBC’s chief advocate and networker throughout the region, cultivating new partnerships and relationships and working to enhance the organization’s profile and visibility.
The E.D. will partner with the Artistic Director and the board to establish the strategic direction of CBC.
Roles and Responsibilities
Management and Operations
- Oversee all personnel and programming to ensure that the organization is efficient and effective in resource utilization.
- Develop an annual budget and regularly monitor and report to the board on financial performance, participation, and other metrics.
- Ensure that the necessary organizational structure, policies, systems controls, and procedures are in place and regularly reviewed for effectiveness.
- Provide concise, relevant, and timely information to the board so it can fulfill its policy and decision-making responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the board to develop short and long-term goals and strategies around all areas of contributed and earned revenue and outline the best ways to achieve those goals.
- Oversee the development department, including individual, institutional, and membership donor programs.
- Proactively support the board and development committee to create development strategy and cultivate donor/sponsor prospects.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of donors, cultivating and soliciting major gifts for the annual fund, special events, capital projects, and special programs.
- Develop, cultivate, and enhance CBC’s relationships in the community.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven to ten years of relevant senior management experience in a performing arts organization is required.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- A qualified candidate will have a strong track record in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and potential donors at all levels, particularly major gifts donors, and the ability to develop budgets and staff teams are necessary.
- Candidates must be highly self-motivated, metrics-driven, and goal-oriented.
- Candidates must possess a flexible and adaptable style to positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".