Visitor Services Associate
Japanese National American Museum
- CATEGORY Front of House
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE NOVEMBER 30, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Not stated - includes full benefits
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
An Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution and AAM accredited, the Japanese American National Museum (www.janm.org) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier cultural museums. The National Museum is located adjacent to the Metro Gold Line in the Little Tokyo/Arts district in downtown Los Angeles, a neighborhood that has experienced an exciting revitalization with diverse new restaurants, shops, luxury apartments, and nightlife.
The Visitor Services Associate is responsible for creating an inviting, professional environment for museum patrons. This position provides excellent front-line guest service in the front lobby, over the phone, and via e-mail. Assists with maintaining a high standard of guest service on a day-to-day basis. The regular schedule Tuesday through Saturday.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum One year of Front-Line Guest Service/Receptionist experience.
- Demonstrates flexibility, at all times, in order to ensure a high level of guest service.
- Excels in the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Has at least one year of guest service experience.
- Has familiarity with reception lobby tasks or similar operations that deal mainly with the general public as guests.
- Takes guest reservations and answer general inquiries--in person, over the phone, and via email--in a professional manner. Is adept with handling cash and processing sales.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, follow through, while being detail-oriented.
- Prior museum experience and working with volunteers is preferred.
- Knowledge of Japanese American history, culture and surrounding community is a plus.
- Weekend and some evening hours are required.
- Demonstrates consistently strong guest service skills to external visitors, co-workers, volunteers, consultants, in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Conveys a friendly and diplomatic demeanor at all times.
- Projects a positive image as a representative of the National Museum.Experience with MS Office, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Altru preferred.
Criminal background and credit check is required.
Benefits: EE Medical, Dental, ERISA 403(b), FSA, 12 paid holidays, sick and vacation time; complimentary family level membership, on-site parking, discounts in museum store and on-site Chado tea room.
Visit www.janm.org/jobs/ for application form. EOE
Submit: Cover Letter, application and resume with references
Japanese American National Museum
Attn: Human Resources,
Re: Visitor Services Associate
100 N. Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Fax (213) 830-5673
No Phone Calls Please
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".