COORDINATOR OF FACILITY RENTALS & SPECIAL EVENTS
The Bowers Museum
- CATEGORY Special Events
- LOCATION Santa Ana, CA
- DATE AUGUST 17, 2018
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION not stated
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
This position supports all aspects of the Museums’ special events department including third party facility rentals and catering for events held at the Museum.
This position works with the Tangata General Manager to provide a positive event experience for clients, vendors, and staff. This position reports directly to the CFO and is full-time, hourly, with benefits.
To apply: Please email your resume, salary history and a cover letter to HumanResources@Bowers.org; no phone calls.
- Maintain master calendar and update weekly calendar with timelines for events
- Prepare and maintain all facility rental contracts; collect deposits and payments in a timely manner
- Conduct walk-throughs with prospective clients as needed
- Answer phone calls, event inquiries and e-mail communications in a timely manner
- Secure certificates of liability insurance and other relevant information prior to the event date as needed
- Track statistics (attendance, expenses, income, etc.) for museum events
- Prepare detailed facility request forms, maps, etc., for staff who are assisting with the events
- Coordinate physical set-up and tear-down arrangements for special events
- Participate in special events planning meetings, sales strategies and outreach efforts
- Support the marketing team and Tangata GM to sell facility rentals to reach fiscal goals by cultivating and soliciting business prospects for potential special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct all responsibilities in a safe manner according to regulations (OSHA, IIPP, etc.)
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma, minimum 2 years work experience
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
- General computer and office skills, social media
- Proficient with Microsoft® Office Suite
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written communication skills (i.e. business letter writing, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication skills (i.e. ability to deal effectively with others, speak professionally on the phone, etc.)
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".