Associate Director of Visitor Services
Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Jose, CA
- DATE AUGUST 11, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Full time; Exempt. This is a management position with overall responsibility for floor operations’ effectiveness, efficiency and success in delivering quality visitor experiences to family and groups as well as for helping to advance the Museum’s mission and reputation. It oversees the administrative, managerial and performance-based aspects of audience-facing staff working on the exhibit floor (Floor Staff). The primary objective is to ensure the highest level of visitor engagement and safety by maintaining exceptional standards of customer service, cleanliness and physical appearance of all publicly accessible spaces, and training for working with the public. It is expected that the position is deeply knowledgeable about exhibits, programs, events and museum operations, is well trained in safety and security protocols, and coordinates with other functions which oversee admissions, retail, facility rentals and birthday parties, and food service. Complete Description and Qualifications
How to Apply: Your complete application will include cover letter, references, and either a resume or completed Job Application. If you choose to complete the online Application, please send the additional items to:
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".