- CATEGORY Production
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE APRIL 27, 2022
- JOB TYPE Fellowship/Internship (Paid)
- COMPENSATION $250 weekly stipend
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 3 yrs exp)
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS PROPS/CARPENTRY INTERN
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a Props/Carpentry intern for our 22-23 season of plays.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and has broken ground on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 350-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for the Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth, and the Props/Carpentry intern will have the opportunity to participate in it.
Status: Internship for duration of the 22-23 Season
Dates: August 29, 2022 - May 28, 2023
Reporting to the Technical Director and Prop Master, the Props/Carpentry intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting Prop Master or Technical Director, Assistant Technical Director, and Master Carpenter in the build, load-in, strike, and general upkeep of each production
- Maintaining excellent communication with Prop Master or Technical Director, Assistant Technical Director, and Master Carpenter about the status of daily tasks
- Following through with completion of daily notes as assigned by Props Master Technical Director
- Assisting in other departments, including but not limited to lighting, sound, paints, and costumes
- Adhering to all safety protocols at all times
- Providing support for special events
- Any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is a strong, team-spirited self-starter who is excited to join a tireless, rapidly-growing, and attitude-forward regional theatre. Candidates should be friendly, excellent with patrons, staff, and visiting actors alike, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Interns will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- One to two years of experience in the field (including at the college level)
- Classwork or experience in carpentry and props
- Experience in lighting, paints, or sound a plus but not required
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
Salary: weekly stipend of $250/wk plus housing
Furnished housing with private bedroom and shared living space, internet and cable included. Washer and Dryer in apartment. Apartment complex has a pool and fitness center on site.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.