Booking Assistant to the Vice President
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Los Angeles, CA
- DATE APRIL 21, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Cadenza Artists is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Booking Assistant. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is naturally sociable and whose enthusiasm for and knowledge of the performing arts inspires our diversity of clients and enrolls presenters into their vision.
This individual is a master of following up and is highly organized with tracking leads, artists, and bookings in order to meet their goals. This individual is able to think outside of the box and be nimble to the changing dynamics of the industry. This position requires gracefully managing all artistic personalities and cultures, acting as an advisor and advocate to bring quality arts to audiences globally.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Vice President of Cadenza Artists and the Director of Operations. This position will collaborate with the entire booking team.
Cadenza Artists is based in Los Angeles, but our team works remotely. Cadenza is seeking a candidate that will bring enthusiasm, love of teamwork, impeccable organization, tenacity, gumption, and positivity to the position. To learn more about Cadenza Artists, see below.
General Assistant duties for Vice President:
- Oversee Vice President's calendar
- Schedule phone calls, conference meetings, and year-round in-person meetings for Vice President
- Reserve and track travel arrangements (flights, accommodations, ground transportation) as needed
- Record and track leads and important correspondences for Vice President, coordinating with many national and international time zones
- Assist Vice President with presenter/lead follow up as needed
- Archive materials and records updates as needed
- Enter contract terms into Cadenza’s contract generation software. Track their progress and ensure all terms are correct
- Prioritize and compile important updates on a daily basis; notify Vice President about urgent emails and phone calls when necessary
- Liaise internal communication needs between Vice President and Cadenza staff
- Conduct all external communications with presenting and artist clients with the utmost professionalism, finesse, attention to detail, and empathy
Artistic Knowledge, Touring, and Advising:
- Learn, reference, and internalize roster information (artists’ brands, notable distinctions. and achievements, performance history, career goals, possible limitations, etc.)
- Work with artist or manager to strengthen publicity materials, performance programs, and publicity campaigns.
- Ensure that artist tour budgets are viable and profitable.
- Share interesting or potentially viable performance or engagement opportunities (scholarships, grants, and other non booking-oriented opportunities) with artists, and/or their management.
- Participate in roster development efforts and artist selection as needed.
- Schedule strategy phone meetings with artists at least 4 times per year.
- Develop sustainable relationships with North American presenters, promoters, and presenting organizations through a variety of communication channels (email, phone, and occasional in-person meetings).
- Forge dialogues with presenters to secure engagements and negotiate fees for Cadenza Artists’ roster of approximately 30 artists.
- Book financially viable, artist-directed performance opportunities including tours (meaning opportunities that showcase their artistry in the most favorable circumstances) and tours.
- Understand the financial needs of each artist/project, and negotiate the most advantageous terms on their behalf.
- Ensure the booking process for each engagement from beginning to end is fully communicated with the artist and the Cadenza Artists admin team.
- Re-negotiate and problem solve with the Cadenza Artists team, with the roster of artists, and with presenters as needed throughout full booking cycle
- Assist presenters in brainstorming marketing ideas to increase ticket sales as needed
- Write thank you notes/emails and check in with presenter and artist after engagement is complete. Report learnings to leadership.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals.
- Engage in a variety of lead-generating activities, including national and regional presenter/artist booking conferences.
- Represent Cadenza Artists in a professional and positive manner
- Communicate & collaborate with the Cadenza team using our remote team tools, solutions, or programs that ensure proper recordkeeping and effective workflow in the remote workplace environment.
- Willingness to take a leadership role in an array of internal booking and organizational projects
- Leverage all creative professional resources to achieve high sales/marketing goals
- Remain forward-thinking, while staying accountable to regular workflow commitments
- Collaborate and contribute actively within a forward-thinking team and fast-growing company environment
- Natural people-person with a knack for sales
- Prior agency and booking experience strongly preferred
- Experience in sales, especially in the music industry preferred
- Knowledge of performing arts markets and performance/touring requirements preferred
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and track multiple deadlines and leads
- Professional phone manner and demeanor
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and grace under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with exemplary follow-through
- Strong computer and online skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Google suite of online apps, and/or ability to learn and utilize web-based and cloud-based software quickly
- Clear alignment with Cadenza’s artist-centered approach
- Love and dedication to the performing arts
Cadenza Artists headquarters are in Los Angeles, CA-- however the entire team is remote-based, work from anywhere.
Hours somewhat flexible, but this position must be available to work general business hours in the US (9am-6pm in either EST, CST, MT, or PST). Occasional overtime with some nights and weekends are required for this position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: jobs(at)cadenzaartists.com
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis as they come in, early submissions will be prioritized so please apply early
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".