The Ford Theatres seeks self-motivated, culturally-minded people with energetic personalities and positive attitudes to be Ushers and Ticket Takers for its 2018 Ford Theatres summer season, which runs from April through October and includes over 50 music, dance, theatre, family and public engagement events. The outdoor 1,200-seat amphitheatre is located in the Cahuenga Pass near Hollywood, CA.
Ushers and Ticket Takers
- CATEGORY Front of House
- LOCATION Hollywood, CA
- DATE JANUARY 25, 2018
- JOB TYPE Seasonal/Temporary
- COMPENSATION Pay rate begins at $13.25 per hour
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 2 yrs exp)
- Greeting and directing theatre patrons
- Providing information and assistance in routine and emergency situations
- Distributing programs
- Tearing tickets
- Seating patrons
- Merchandise sales
- Responding to patron inquiries with an emphasis on good customer service
Hiring and training in March-April, season runs from April through October. Hours range from 10 to 25 hours per week.
2580 Cahuenga Blvd. East
Hollywood, CA 90068
- Ability to work nights and weekends. Most evening shifts begin at 5:30 PM, Saturday morning shifts at 8:00 AM. All ushers must be courteous with staff and public as well as present a clean, neat appearance. Applicants must have the ability to climb multiple stairs and stand for extended periods of time. Some lifting required (20 lbs).
- Experience: Applicants with customer service experience preferred. Restaurant wait staff experience is a plus.
- Education: Must be at least 16 years of age. If under 18, must provide work permit. Multilingual skills (Korean and Spanish especially) are highly valued.
- Other Requirements: Applicants must have valid California identification card and a reliable method of transportation.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter and resume to:
Event Services Manager, Ford Theatres
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".