USC Pacific Asia Museum
- CATEGORY Curatorial
- LOCATION Pasadena, CA
- DATE OCTOBER 25, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION not indicated
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
For additional information, see the museum’s website, https://pacificasiamuseum.usc.edu
- Maintain and oversee the Director’s Calendar
- Ability to compose letters and other communications on behalf of the Director
- Plans, implements and manages daily operations and activities for the PAM
- Markets, sells and coordinates gift store inventory and store space on behalf of the university and the museum
- Process departmental expenses through USC Kuali System
- Reconciles monthly credit card statements and expenditures
- Assists with PAM staff travel arrangements
- Organizes, schedules and attends selected PAM meetings and maintains copious notes
- Serve as a liaison of artwork loans, including communicating with lenders, drafting, finalizing and mailing loan letters and forms
- Maintaining accurate records of loans and lenders and following up with lenders, as needed
- Provides assistance to curatorial contractors with the USC vendor system and process invoices and monitors payments
- Draft, develop and finalize exhibition timeline with curatorial and collection departments
- Maintains, manages and tracks progress of timelines
- Works as a first point of contact for all public inquiries to the curatorial and collections departments
- Handles artwork with the utmost care
- Bachelor's degree
- Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Executive secretarial experience
5+ years of Executive Secretarial Experience
3+ Years of curatorial/museum experience
Possess ability to think 3-5 steps ahead of executive
Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions or suggestions to leadership based on analysis
Previous office experience in a museum setting
Proven experience in the following:
Being detail oriented
Working both independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to move up to 25 lbs.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".