Stage Ops: Automation Operator - TPT
- CATEGORY Production
- LOCATION Austin, TX
- DATE AUGUST 30, 2021
- JOB TYPE Seasonal/Temporary
- COMPENSATION $17.50 per hour
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 3 yrs exp)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Automation Operator assists in and facilitates the load-in, show run, weekly inspections, strike, and changeover of ZACH Theatre productions and events that involve automation in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assist in load-in of scenery, properties, and automation elements.
- Assist in rigging as directed.
- Assist in maintenance of automation machinery, scenery, props, and paint, as assigned.
- Assist in preparing performance space for rehearsals and performances, including sweeping and mopping.
- Work as deck crew on shows as the operator of all automation components, as well as assisting in scenes shifts, fly systems, etc.
- Participate in strike and changeover of automation, scenery, and props, as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and professional workplace.
- Build Collaborative Relationships
- Manage Through Processes and Systems
- Deal with Change Effectively
- Solve Problems Resourcefully
- Perform all duties as assigned by Stage Operations Supervisor in conjunction with Scenic and Stage Management
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Repetitive lifting of items up to 70 lbs
- Repetitive climbing of ladders over 15’
- Routinely works nights and weekends
- Required to work overtime during technical rehearsal weeks
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one year of professional technical theatre or entertainment industry work experience preferred
- Minimum of one year OR commensurate experience installing, operating, and troubleshooting Creative Conners Equipment and motors
- Minimum of one year OR commensurate experience programming and operating SpikeMark Software in rehearsal and show settings
- Collegiate or professional training in theatre or entertainment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of theatrical production processes
- Preferred knowledge of motorized cable winches
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulic lift systems
- Preferred knowledge of motorized friction wheels for stage turntables
- Understanding of backstage work process and protocol
- Demonstrated ability to use basic hand and power tools
- Ability to operate counterweight fly system
- Intermediate understanding of theatrical rigging
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practice
- Willingness and ability to work within rigorous time schedule
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new situations
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and troubleshoot
As part of our commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the following categories in a cover letter or note that you include in your email:
- Gender: Woman, Man, Genderqueer/Gender non-binary, prefer to self-describe
- Pronouns: Please include your pronouns.
- Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino, White (not Hispanic or Latino) Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino), Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino), Asian (not Hispanic or Latino), Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino), Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
Actor's Equity Association has set up strict guidelines that must be followed to allow Equity Actors members to work in future productions. ZACH is intending to operate as a fully vaccinated workplace per the guidance issued by Actors Equity.